“If you don’t camp at Taste of Country, you’re not doing it right!” – Austin via Twitter
Pricing Coming Soon
Camp with your friends primitive-style right at the heart of Hunter Mountain. These sites are first-come, first-served with easy access to the concert venue. You can purchase a tent tag with any 3-day ticket option purchased.
Pricing Coming Soon
We offer several Car Camping options, both on-site on the mountain and at off-site locations. Enjoy the advantage of having your vehicle right next to your tent. We also offer exclusive car campgrounds for Outlaw VIP ticket holders.
Pricing Coming Soon
Available both on-site and off-site, we have several options for your big rig, including at the top of the mountain with a great view of the stage. We also offer exclusive RV campgrounds for Outlaw VIP ticket-holders.
Campsite sizes depend on the type of campsite you choose to purchase and are as follows:
- Tent Camping: 10×10
- Car Camping: 10×30
- RV Camping: 20×40
Depending on the type of camping purchased, your campsite will be within one of our three areas of camping — Tent Camping, Car Camping and RV Camping. All Tent Camping is on Hunter Mountain, while we have on-site and off-site options for Car and RV Camping. Check out our festival map to see the location of each campground.
Depending on the type of camping purchased, the walk varies from just a few minutes to a short free shuttle ride from our off-site campgrounds. These walking times and the location of each campground are indicated on our festival map.
We have no limit on the number of people per campsite, but would recommend between 4-6 people for a comfortable stay.
Yes, we offer Accessible Campsites in Tent, Car and RV Camping. Please visit our Accessibility page for more information.
Yes, there are shower facilities available both on-site and at our off-site campgrounds. Off-site showers are free, while you can purchase an Unlimited Shower Pass to use on-site. Otherwise showers on-site are $5 per use.
A 2:00 AM curfew will be enforced in all campgrounds. Loud music, parties and anything that disturbs neighbors or other campers will not be tolerated. We do not expect total quiet, but please respect your fellow campers. Generators in all RV campgrounds. must be shut off at 2:00 AM.
Generators are only allowed in the RV campgrounds and must be turned off by 2:00 AM each night. If you have an onboard generator, consider buying a generator exhaust kit (like this one) to route the CO2 out of your own and surrounding campsites. Generators must be separated from all sites by a minimum of 20 feet and protected from contact by fencing or other approved means.
Open flames of any kind are prohibited in all campgrounds.
Grills of any kind are prohibited in Tent Camping areas. Communal grilling areas will be available for use. In Car Camping areas, small propane grills and stoves are allowed with a grilling surface area no larger than 450 square inches (20x 22.5 or 15×30). No propane tanks will be allowed larger than 16.4 ounces. There is no restriction on the size of the propane grill or tank in RV campgrounds.
Water is available inside Hunter Mountain Lodge or if you’re in the RV areas, water trucks will be available to deliver water on Saturday for an additional charge.
Sewage pump is available for an additional charge at all RV campgrounds. Please check with the box office attendant on how to get service.
ALLOWED & PROHIBITED ITEMS IN CAMPGROUNDS
*If prohibited items are found, they will be confiscated and not be returned*
✅ Festival wristbands and passes
✅ Tent and rain fly
✅ Generator (in RV campgrounds)
✅ Flag/Balloon (to identify your campsite)
✅ Beverages (no glass containers)
✅ Coolers (outside beverages and food are not allowed out of the campgrounds)
✅ Propane grills in Car and RV campgrounds (see restrictions)
✅ Bug spray
✅ Toilet paper
✅ Towels (showers are available)
✅ Small luggage lock (for your tent)
✅ Lawn games
✅ Slip ‘n’ slide
❌ Illegal substances of any kind
❌ Firearms or weapons of any kind
❌ Large hammers or sledge hammers
❌ Glass containers or bottles of any kind
❌ More alcohol than reasonable for personal consumption
❌ Gasoline and liquid accelerants (except for generators in RV Campgrounds)
❌ Propane tanks larger than 16.4 ounces (except for RV Campgrounds)
❌ Generator (except for RV Campgrounds)
❌ Open flames (no charcoal or wood fires)
❌ Grills in tent camping (central charcoal grilling area will be available)
❌ External speakers (small bluetooth speakers are OK)
❌ Furniture, refrigerators or carpeting
❌ Golf carts, ATVs, scooters or skateboards
❌ Drones or any remote flying device
Anyone entering or wishing to enter any of our campgrounds at Taste of Country Music Festival must have a 3-day admission ticket with campground access. This ticket does not give you a campsite to camp in, but just the ability to go in and out of the campgrounds for the weekend.
Campground access is available on 3-day General Admission, Outlaw, and Super Outlaw tickets. Campground Access is not available for single day ticket holders.
Hunter Highlands residents and guests: In order to cut through the campgrounds to access the festival, you MUST purchase an admission ticket with campground access. If you do not have this, you will be denied entry at our campground entrances.
All campsites DO NOT allow vehicle re-entry.
For all campers: Please beware of bears. Don’t leave food or garbage out or around your tent/campsite.
New York State Department of Health Regulations
- TENT CAMPSITES: No grilling of any kind. Please see Tent Camping grilling outline below.
- CAR CAMPSITES: Grills and stoves with a grilling surface area no larger than 450 square inches (20x 22.5 or 15×30). No propane tanks will be allowed larger than 16.4 ounces.
- RV CAMPSITES: Only propane grills are allowed. There are no restrictions on size of grill nor size of propane tanks in RV Campsite areas only.
Please note: this list of items is subject to change at any time by the New York State Department of Health. Please cooperate with Taste of Country Music Festival staff by abiding by their regulations. Security will be checking for and will confiscate any prohibited items. All confiscated items will not be returned.
Tent Camping Grilling Policies
Your safety is our No. 1 priority and we’ve worked hard with the New York Department of Health (DOH) to ensure everyone has a safe and fun stay on the mountain. Per DOH safety regulations, grilling, cooking or open flames of any kind will not be allowed in the tent camping area. There will be a central charcoal grilling area in tent camping and staff will provide grills, and will be maintaining them throughout the festival from 5 – 8 PM on Thursday and 8 AM – 8 PM on Friday through Sunday. Tent campers should bring your food, bring your cooking utensils, then leave the grill at home and we’ll get you fired up!
- A minimum of 5 feet of separation must be maintained between all tents in the tent camping area.
- Tents are not permitted in the painted walkways in the campground areas.
- Per New York Department of Health regulations, grilling of any kind will not be allowed in the tent camping area. Staff will facilitate a central charcoal grilling area in tent camping during designated times that will be posted closer to the festival.
- Tent Tags must be clearly displayed at all times.
- Portable restrooms are available 24 hours a day in the campground areas.
- Sites are unassigned.
- Free parking for Tent Campers will be available off-site at Hunter Airport.
- Only one vehicle is permitted per campsite.
- Only one walled tent is allowed per car camping site. Maximum size 10ft x 10ft including vestibules and attachments.
- Vehicle, tents, pop-up shelters, and camping activities must fit entirely within a 10×30 space.
- Vehicles may not be moved after being parked by event staff.
- Propane grills and stoves are permitted provided that the grilling surface is no larger than 450 square inches (20×22.5 or 15×30).
- Propane tanks cannot be larger than 16.4 ounces.
- There is not a water hookup for RVs. Water is available for delivery for an additional charge on Saturday.
- Campfires are not permitted.
- Sewage pump is available for an additional charge.
- Electric hook ups are available for Mountain Top Campsites only.
- Generators are allowed in RV Campgrounds. Quiet hours are enforced starting at 2:00 AM.
- Only one steering wheel vehicle is allowed per RV site.
- Only propane grilling is allowed. There are no restrictions on the size of the tank or grill.